Lake Bluff School District 65 is seeking input from residents as it begins working on a five-year strategic plan. Community focus groups will be held throughout October.
The process, guided by strategic plan consultants ECRA Group, is designed to build a plan to guide decisions regarding education in Lake Bluff. The process builds on input gathered from all District stakeholders–including parents, residents, students, teachers, staff and administrators.
The focus groups will be held on the following dates; please RSVP to (847) 234-9400 ext 1603 or Lzoellick@lb65.org so that the facilitator can make sure there’s enough space for everyone. Addtional meetings may be added if necessary:
- Administration Team: Tuesday, October 16 8:30 a.m., District Office
- Elementary School Faculty, Support Staff, Central Office Support Staff: Wednesday, October 17, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Lake Bluff Elementary School
- Middle School Faculty, Support Staff, Students: Wednesday, October 24, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Lake Bluff Middle School
- Parents Daytime: Wednesday, October 24, 8:30 to 10:00 am, Lake Bluff
- Community Room (fire/police station)
- Parents Evening: Monday, October 29, 7:00 to 8:00 pm, Lake Bluff Elementary School Gym
- Community: Monday, October 29, 8:00 to 9:00 pm, Lake Bluff Elementary School Gym
- Concerned Citizens: Monday, October 29, 6:00 to 7:00 pm, Lake Bluff Elementary School Gym
- Government/Leaders: Thursday, November 1, 8:30 to 9:30 am, Lake Bluff Golf Course
D-65 Superintendent Jean Sophie said the initial information-gathering phase will wrap up by the end of November. Data analysis will follow and continue through December.
Once the community’s opinions are known, the third phase of the process will begin–creating the strategic plan.
Rosemont-based ECRA Group specializes in educational assessment, research, analytics, and strategic planning.
For more information on the District 65 Strategic Plan or to get involved, please visit www.lb65.org or phone 847-234-9400, ext. 1603.