Updated Dec. 12, 2012
GazeboNews is an independent and unbiased news website covering Lake Forest, Lake Bluff, Knollwood and their surrounding communities on Chicago’s North Shore. We appreciate every reader and we love and encourage readers’ comments. Comments enrich news coverage in a profound and interesting way and give readers the opportunity to share opinions, experiences and information about the things going on in our community.
As of Dec. 12, 2012, GazeboNews no longer allows anonymous comments. Click here for a story explaining why we’ve switched to a real-names-only policy. You must include your real name when commenting on all GazeboNews stories.
Generally, we don’t edit or restrict comments, but we do reserve the right to delete comments that violate the terms of our comments policy. The comments policy is designed to ensure a respectful discourse in an atmosphere of free and open conversation.
Here is the GazeboNews comment policy; please note that we also reserve the option to add to this at any time:
- Do not post anything that is or can be construed as threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or libelous
- Do not post gossip or rumors
- Be courteous and use respectful language in your comments; don’t be mean
- No name calling, and no foul language
- Do not use the comments to repeatedly promote traffic to other websites, forums or social media pages
- Do not monopolize the comments section by repeatedly re-inserting essentially the same comment over and over again.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular story you are commenting on
- GazeboNews is not Yelp or Angiel’s List; we don’t post single-issue complaints about local businesses. If you have a grievance with a local business, please email email@example.com and she will put you in touch with the business owner or manager.
- GazeboNews LLC does not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments.
- GazeboNews reserves the right to remove comments that do not adhere to these guidelines.